Season by Season
• The 201cm basketball convert was rewarded for his strong NEAFL form throughout the year by making his AFL debut against Port Adelaide in Round 19.
• Smith made the most of his opportunity at the senior level by finishing the game with 30 hit outs and 19 disposals, the fourth most of any Lions player on the night.
• The ruck revelation followed up his impressive debut with 32 hit outs against Adelaide the following week and kicked his first career goal in a four point win over Carlton in round 21
• Smith will look to put forth a big pre-season as he looks to firmly secure the role of second ruckman alongside Stefan Martin following the retirement of Trent West at the end of the season.
Season By Season
• Rookie Archie Smith spent his second season at the Club playing in the Reserves.
• Smith’s effort was particularly strong in the second half of the season, where he used his big bodied frame in the defensive 50 to make an impact on marking contests.