Season By Season
• As the reigning Rising Star, Lewy Taylor carried a great weight of expectation on his young shoulders in 2015 yet, rather than disappoint, the Victorian had a second terrific season.
• At just 173cm – the Lions' shortest player - what Taylor lacks in size, he more than makes up for in effort and ability.
• Taylor played every game in 2015 and he had 32 disposals against St Kilda and was one of the Lions’ best in their win over the Western Bulldogs, kicking three goals and collecting 28 possessions.
Season by Season
• The Lions selected key defender Darcy Gardiner and lightning quick midfielder Lewis Taylor, both from the Geelong Falcons, in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.
• Lewis Taylor was ranked in the top 4 for over 10 of the rising star achievements including 2nd in total kicks and disposals and otal uncontested possessions.
• Taylor’s resilience and determination paid off as he was crowned the 2014 AFL Rising Star is the closest count ever. He polled 39 votes, one more than the Western Bulldogs' Marcus Bontempelli, to win the Ron Evans medal.
• Taylor had a phenomenal year finishing off with 22 games and averaged 17 disposals for the season and kicking 12 goals.