Season By Season
• Defender Darcy Gardiner played eight games for the Lions this season as he struggled initially with injury.
• The 20 year-old eventually succumbed to injury again – being ruled out for the season due to an injured shoulder and ankle requiring surgery.
• As he continues his development in 2016, Gardiner will form an integral place in the Lions’ back six.
Season by Season
• The Lions selected key defender Darcy Gardiner and lightning quick midfielder Lewis Taylor, both from the Geelong Falcons, in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft.
• Gardiner played superb football and played a key role in the Lions' scrappy 23-point win over Melbourne. The back man took a career-high, 12 marks against Jack Watts, Chris Dawes and James Frawley.
• During this game, Gardiner also collected 18 possessions – which he used at an elite 94 per cent efficiency – to earn the Rising Star gong.
• He finished the season with 17 senior games, kicking 2 goals and averaging 11.3 disposals for the season.