Saturday's encounter at Etihad Stadium has all the hallmarks of a danger game.
The fast track under the roof at Etihad Stadium might well provide the ideal setting for the nothing-to-lose Lions to be the party poopers.
Fresh in the memory is the exhilarating Round 7 clash between which saw the Lions almost upset Collingwood in a free-flowing shootout at the Gabba.
As the final siren sounded last time they met, Collingwood took home a 19.7 (121) to 18.6 (114) triumph. It was the Lions' highest losing score since 2011.
The Lions have lost three in a row but two of them were by under a goal, and a big scalp on the run home would further vindicate the Club's bold new direction.
Where and When:
Last Five Times:
R7, 2018, Collingwood 19.7 (121) d Brisbane Lions 18.6 (114) at the Gabba
R10, 2017, Collingwood 18.21 (129) d Brisbane Lions 13.6 (84) at the MCG
R8, 2016, Collingwood 20.23 (143) d Brisbane Lions 10.5 (65) at the Gabba
R1, 2015, Collingwood 12.14 (86) d Brisbane Lions 11.8 (74) at the Gabba
R21, 2014, Brisbane Lions 18.15 (123) d Collingwood 8.8 (56) at the MCG
The Six Points:
1. Collingwood has won its past four games against Brisbane and seven of the past eight since 2011. The Lions last defeated the Pies in Round 21, 2014.
2. Their previous clash in Round 7 at the Gabba was one of the highest-scoring games of the season, producing a combined 37 goals. Jordan De Goey booted five for the Magpies, who won by seven points, while Lewy Taylor kicked four for the Lions.
3. The two teams have played only once at Etihad Stadium – back in Round 8, 2002, when Collingwood upset reigning premier Brisbane by three points.
4. Another Collingwood loss and it will be the first time since Round 14-16 last year that the Pies will have lost three in a row. Meanwhile, the Lions’ losing streak stands at three.
5. The Magpies are the fourth-highest-scoring team this season, averaging 92 points a game, while Brisbane is 10th with 84.
6. Eric Hipwood is set to clock his 50th AFL game.
It's a big week for... Eric Hipwood
Young forward Eric Hipwood will reach his first milestone at the Lions this weekend, playing his 50th game in the
In 2018, Hipwood has showcased some of his best
Last time the two sides met Hipwood was quieter than usual. It'll be a big week for the young Lion as he prepares to make an impact at Etihad and bring the Lions over the line in his milestone match.