The Foundation Eight comprises of the Brisbane Lions AFLW players who have been there since day one of the inaugural 2017 competition and includes;
- inaugural Captain Emma Zielke;
- All Australian players Emily Bates, Kate Lutkins and Ally Anderson;
- Jessica Wuetschner; Sharni Webb, Breanna Koenen and Shannon Campbell
Together the eight players have been the driving force behind the team and experienced some incredible accomplishments along the way:
- 177 AFLW Games Played
- 2 x Grand Final Team Appearances
- 3 x Brisbane Lions Best and Fairest Winners – (Emily Bates 2017, Kate Lutkins 2018, Ally Anderson 2019) 13 appearances within the top 10
- 5 x All Australian Jumpers
Lions Women’s CEO Breeanna Brock said “The professionalism of this group has gone to another level in this years preseason”.
“With three seasons under their belts they’re really coming into their own and their influence on the entire team is exciting to watch”.
“We look forward to seeing what the 2020 season brings”.